Source: International student update – tips for success | Asian Pacific Post | Chinese newspaper -Vancouver, Richmond, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Toronto, North York, Montreal

“…studying in Canada is not a guarantee that you will be able to remain permanently in Canada.”

“Studying part-time or working more than 20 hours a week while attending class makes you ineligible for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP) or PR. Canada’s international student program provides an excellent opportunity to ultimately qualify for permanent residence. But you need to know the rules and stick to them. You must be in full-time attendance throughout your entire program of studies. Full-time attendance is determined by each educational institution. While in full-time attendance in school, you are able to work up to 20 hours per week. No more! If you study less than full time or work more than 20 hours a week while attending school, you will not be eligible for a PGWP nor be able to apply for permanent residence as an international graduate.”

“It is becoming more and more challenging to qualify for permanent residence with solely a Canadian diploma or undergraduate degree and one or two years of work experience. Obtaining an undergraduate degree in your home country with one or two years of skilled work experience will significantly increase your chances of qualifying for permanent residence in Canada”

” If living in Canada is your ultimate goal, you are well-advised to familiarize yourself with the Express Entry system and evaluate how you will score. Choosing to come to Canada after obtaining an initial educational qualification and a few years of work experience may actually enhance your overall chances of success in becoming a Canadian permanent resident.”

For your Express Entry or BC PNP application to Canada
Contact RS Immigration 778-229-0796